Previous post in series: The Testosterone project.
Recap: Project Testosterone is my main project aimed at alleviating mature age growing pains.
Plan is as follows:
- Test my testosterone levels.
– Done. Twice now. Turns out I’m still at the low end of the normal spectrum. This second time I also measured Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) to get an accurate measure of Bioavailable Testosterone. Detailed results were: Testosterone – 8,1 nmol/L (normal level 8-35 nmol/L), SHBG – 12,6 (normal level 8-60 nmol/L), Bioavailable Testosterone (calculated from here) – 10,20 nmol/L (normal level 3,85-13,67 nmol/L).
- If low (and yes it feels low, even if it is within the normal spectrum, it’s my manliness we’re talking about after all), then learn more.
– Done, but will continue reading about this.
- If not to scary, find out how to get a hold of it.
– Have gone to see a gullible physician, but was turned down because I was in the normal range. Plan was to measure a second time to see if values were lower and then go back, but it seems values are reasonably stable. Legally prescribed testosterone plan scrapped. Next: probe the illegal substance market.
- If not too illegal, then get some. Topic for next blog post.
- Try low doses. Future posts.
- If adverse events acceptable, continue and report effects continously on blog.