I have reached a crossing point of (what feels like crucial) life events :
1) Reaching an age where a life crisis is acceptable, 2) failing in sports activities and 3) becoming a transhumanist (see previous posts Epiphany: Transhumanism, – not ?, Diving into Transhumanism I and II and Decision time, become a transhumanist or not).
Without further ado, I am launching my personal testosterone project. However, since the whole idea of human enhancement is new (and still feels scary) to me, I’m going to take this slowly and stepwise, – with an option to pull out after each step.
My plan is to post as I go along. Here’s the project plan outline:
- Test my testosterone levels.
– Done. Turns out I’m at the low end of the normal spectrum.
- If low (and yes it was low), then learn more.
– This will be the topic of the next post. For those who would like some more background on testosterone therapy – go here (via Alexis Madrigal).
- If not to scary, find out how to get a hold of it. Options seem to be a gullible physician or the illegal substance market.
- If not too illegal, then get some.
- Try low doses.
- If adverse events acceptable, continue and report effects on blog.